Open to coursework and higher degree by research Engineering or IT students
Valued at $15,000–$20,000.
The Len Stevens Scholarship provides the recipient with an exciting opportunity to undertake a program of extracurricular learning of their choice, either locally or internationally. The proposed program could be in community development, humanitarian programs or could involve visits to universities, research centres or labs. Applicants are encouraged to think big!
The following will be considered by the selection committee:
- A proposal for a program that will enhance the applicant’s program of study and broaden general experience.
- A time-frame for the proposed program, which must be within the candidature or during the program of study. It should be post-confirmation for a PhD student and after the first semester for a student taking a Master of Engineering.
- A 100 word abstract summarising the proposed experience.
- A detailed overview of activities planned and other organisations involved.
- A detailed budget, limited to a maximum of $15,000, including any alternative sources of funding.
- A 500–1000 word personal statement outlining the applicant’s aspirations as an engineer and the impact of the opportunities which the experience would enable them to pursue and their ambassadorial potential for the School of Engineering.
2017 applications are now closed.