Information and resources to help you get started on securing an internship.
Would you like to gain industry experience while you study? A professional internship will allow you to get ahead in your career before you graduate.
Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) offer internships for Master of Engineering and IT students including self-sourced internships allowing you to organise an internship independently; international opportunities; and University-sourced internships through industry connections. Internships are completed through the Work Integrated Learning subject ENGR90033 Internship which allows you to integrate your theoretical knowledge with a professional industry experience.
Completing an internship is a unique opportunity to:
- Access support from dedicated workplace and academic supervisors
- Develop your professional network through an invaluable industry experience
- Test your career interests and ideas
- Use your theoretical knowledge and skills in a professional setting
- Develop a competitive edge for the graduate job market
- Access internships that are only open to students undertaking the ENGR90033 Internship subject
Opportunities within ENGR90033 Internship can be undertaken on a part-time or full-time basis for a duration of 10–15 weeks. You will undertake a total of 350 hours of placement in alignment with semester timelines. The ENGR90033 Internship subject is offered in Semester 1, Semester 2 and over Summer (between late November and February). Placements can be paid, unpaid or a nominal financial amount can be awarded by your host to you whilst undertaking the placement.
Find out how you can select your own internship opportunity for the ENGR90033 Internship subject.
How to access internships sourced through MSE.
A unique opportunity to apply your skills in a real-life work environment and gain international experience in Malaysia.