Melbourne School of Engineering scholarships
The Melbourne School of Engineering is proud to offer an incentive program to encourage graduate students in the school to take international study opportunities.
This funding is available to both exchange and study abroad programs, and for both coursework and graduate researchers, as long as the program is contributing academic credit towards your degree.
|Program||Funding offered ($AUD)|
|Short term coursework programs||$800.00|
|Semester or year-long programs||$1,500.00|
|Overseas research projects||$1,500.00|
Eligibility criteria for MSE Exchange Scholarship
- You have been accepted into an approved study abroad or exchange program.
- Your program must be contributing academic credit towards an MSE degree.
- You have enrolled into the placeholder subject on your study plan.
How to claim funding
- Provide confirmation from your host institution that you have begun your program – this might be something you can export from your student portal, or you may need to ask student administration for a confirmation of enrolment letter.
- Complete the application form. Ensure you have provided correct bank details, so you can receive your funding.
Other funding and scholarships
Melbourne Mobility Awards
The Melbourne Mobility Awards are offered by the University of Melbourne to assist students heading overseas on exchange and study abroad programs. Funding includes the Melbourne Global Scholars Award as well as several other options. Some of these are merit-based and allocated by WAM.
You are permitted to receive both a Melbourne Mobility Award and MSE funding.
OS-HELP provides financial assistance to eligible students studying in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) to undertake a portion of their studies overseas. These loans help students with a range of expenses, such as airfares, accommodation and other travel expenses.
Please be aware your scholarships may be subject to tax if you are not studying full-time while overseas. If in doubt, contact Stop 1 to request confirmation of your status.