This option is the independent completion of 350 hours of pre-approved industry placement.
- This might be a good opportunity for you if …
- You are seeking short term opportunities (you can work at up to 3 organisations)
- You would like the ability to gain experience in several different organisations
- You don’t have enough points left to complete the “for credit internship” (ENGR90033: Internship needs 25 points)
- What is required of me?
- You will need to undertake 350 hours of self-sourced paid work experience in a role relevant to your degree.
- The 350 hours must be reached within a 12-month period and can include a maximum of three opportunities.
- Students will be responsible for arranging their own internship and must have the internship approved prior to using the position for the Engineering Practice Hurdle.
- Your Host Organisation will also need to sign the University’s internship agreement.
- All internships must be in Australia.
- During your internship you will be required to submit a minimum of 3 written reflective reports of 500 words each with a minimum of 1 written reflection at each internship.
- How do I get started?
- Find out what details you need to submit to have your internship approved by reviewing the Vocational Placement online application form.
- Use the Engineering & IT students: Career resources to help you organise your approach to potential internship host organisations
- Spend time networking and applying for possible positions
- Links to tools and resources
Search for possible positions through Melbourne Careers Online.
- Who to contact about this option
For further information please contact: